The collection contains 97 images taken in the period 1906-1914. There are both overall photographs, exterior and interior, as well as portraits of immigrants registered there. The portraits were made by Augustus Francis Sherman (1865-1925), a photography enthusiast who took the director of the archive function that was the immigration center. Among those photographed are the portraits of six romanians dressed in folk. Some of the images were published in National Geographic in 1909.