The casino was built between 1904 and 1910 by architect Petre Antonescu Romanian who wanted to honor the Romanian artistic traditions, but these plans were changed in favor of the architect of Swiss origin Daniel Renard who preferred to inspire the movement art-nuveau from the golden age. Instantly recognizable thanks to its impressive décor inspired by the marine world and whose decorations recall the rococo style, this casino has become the symbol of the city.
In 1990, the building was so dilapidated that it had become too expensive to repair it and it was finally closed. Today, broken windows, crumbling walls and furniture crumb are the last vestiges of the glory era.
The Pictures belong to french photograher Romain Veillon