Bucharest in late 19th century

Bucharest in late 19th century

 In 1856, the city of Bucharest was photographed for the first time. One who made this for the first time was Ludwig Angerer, the Austrian pharmacist. Ludwig Angerer studied the city to detect the most suitable places to obtain conclusive on the issue of panoramic images.  Most likely, the photographs were commissioned by Ludwig Angerer Habsburg army. The photos of presents a number of buildings who disappeared since then ,also the Dimbovita river has a completly different scenery . Via:...
Romania 1984-1986 seen from U.S. Embassy

Romania 1984-1986 seen from U.S. Embassy

The photographer worked at the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest between 1984-1986 and as anyone would have done in his place has took photographs. They are personal images photographed in the capital, but also at the country roads, images in the current context, considering the socio-political developments from 1984 to the present, are important documents. Support Flight Day The...
Barsana Monastery

Barsana Monastery

Barsana Monastery is situated on Iza Valley , in Maramures region . The monastery was built of wood by local tradition, under the direction of architect Cordoş Dorel. It is composed of specific Maramures gate, bell tower, the church (with a height of 57 m)  , summer altar, monk’s cells, chapel (built on several levels),  masters house and artists house. Recently the museum of the monastery was...
Stavropoleos Monastery

Stavropoleos Monastery

The Stavropoleos Church was built by Archimandrite Ioanichie in 1724, during the second reign of Nicolae Mavrocordat (1719-1730) in the Romanian Land. Born in the village of Ostanitza in the eparchy of Pogoniana (Epirus), Ioanichie came to the Romanian Land from Gura, a dependent monastery of the Pogoniana Archbishopric. The present church was built by Ioanichie within the precincts of the two-storey inn he had established in Bucharest. The monastery he founded was sustained financially by the inn, a common arrangement during the epoch. In 1726, Abbot Ioanichie was...